Are you in the dark about wallpapering? You’re not alone. Here are 5 helpful tips to give the best result when installing wallpaper
- 1) New walls require sealing prior to hanging wallpaper. One coat of anything that isn’t a gloss or oil based paint is suitable
- 2) Never paint over old wallpaper as it makes it super hard to remove later
- 3) Wallpapering must be left until last during renovations, after flooring, painting etc. You most likely will have spent lots of money on a great wallpaper, don’t blow it by hanging it too early and have other trades accidentally knock it or dirty it
- 4) Most feature wallpapers will look great with bright white trims. Don’t neglect to finish off with these little painted touches and fresh ceiling paint.
- 5) If there is any damp present this needs to be treated prior to installing otherwise the wallpaper will grow mould and just peel off. To treat the walls; seal if slight damp. If a serious damp issue is present a builder will have to apply damp course.